Thanks so much for your help, Roland. I will try to set up a parfile with your instructions.
Best regards,
Miquel.
El 14 ene 2021, a las 17:37, Roland Haas rhaas@illinois.edu escribió:
Hello Miguel,
this was discussed in today's ET call (see minutes http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2021-January/007737.html http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2021-January/007737.html).
Unfortunately no one has a such a parameter file or code around.
The discussion settled on that while such a setup is possible. one would have to write a simple thorn to set up the correct conditions for the layered fluids. 2D would need to be mimicked as a pizza-box setup with 1 zone in the z-direction plus boundary / ghost points. Eg when using 3 ghost zones (for eg the PPM reconstruction method) one would have 3 boundary cells, 1 "actual" cell.
Periodic boundary conditions are supported in the toolkit via the Periodic thorn.
Yours, Roland
Hello everyone,
I am trying to run a 2D box simulation in order to develop a Kelvin-Helmholtz instability, but I cannot find any .par file for that. Does anyone have a .par file to run this simulation?
Thanks so much,
Miquel.
#################################################### Miquel Miravet Tenés, Ph.D. student Dept. Astronomia i Astrofísica Universitat de València C/ Dr. Moliner 50, E46100 Burjassot, València Spain Phone: + 34 963543081 email: Miquel.Miravet@uv.es ####################################################
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu http://pgp.mit.edu/ .