Hi Andrea,
Roland pointed out in a separate e-mail that in your optionlist, you set FPP = fpp. I didn't notice that earlier. It is very likely that setting FPP = cpp instead will fix your problem. This is used in all option files in simfactory.
Cheers,
Peter
On Friday 2018-11-16 15:20, Peter Diener wrote:
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 15:20:56 From: Peter Diener diener@cct.lsu.edu To: Roland Haas rhaas@illinois.edu Cc: Erik Schnetter schnetter@protonmail.com, Andrea Endrizzi aendrizzi7@gmail.com, Einstein Toolkit Users users@einsteintoolkit.org Subject: Re: [Users] Summatiobyparts compilation failure on ARA cluster (latest ET release)
hi Roland,
FPPFLAGS=-traditional
was included in the optionlist that Andrea attached to the e-mail.
Cheers,
Peter
On Friday 2018-11-16 15:17, Roland Haas wrote:
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 15:17:08 From: Roland Haas rhaas@illinois.edu To: Peter Diener diener@cct.lsu.edu Cc: Erik Schnetter schnetter@protonmail.com, Andrea Endrizzi aendrizzi7@gmail.com, Einstein Toolkit Users users@einsteintoolkit.org Subject: Re: [Users] Summatiobyparts compilation failure on ARA cluster (latest ET release)
Hello all,
this is just a blind guess but I have seen various strange Fortan compiler errors if one forgets to include "-traditional" in the FPPFLAGS options in the option list.
If you do not set FPPFLAGS at all then you should be good since the default includes it, however if you eg have
FPPFLAGS=-DFOO
then you have to change it to be
FPPFLAGS=-DFOO -traditional
Yours, Roland
Hi Andrea,
The error message points to line 11 in the source file, which is the line that contains
DECLARE_CCTK_FUNCTIONS
This is expanded by a C-preprocessor before being handed of to the compiler.
The preprocessed file can be found in the directory:
/home/wa65fop/CS_Wu/THC_ZM1/Cactus/configs/<your config name>/build/SummationByParts
and is named Derivatives_2_1.f90.
It seems like the C-preprocessor is not expanding "DECLARE_CCTK_FUNCTIONS" correctly and that the preprocessed file contains a line like:
end interface & interface
which is clearly not valid fortran. Can you check your preprocessed file and verify that this is indeed present?
I don't see anything obviously wrong with your preprocessor flags, but why is there a -I/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2018.0.128/linux/mpi/intel64/include in your CPPFLAGS in you options file?
Cheers,
Peter
On Friday 2018-11-16 11:08, Erik Schnetter wrote:
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 11:08:48 From: Erik Schnetter schnetter@protonmail.com To: Andrea Endrizzi aendrizzi7@gmail.com Cc: Einstein Toolkit Users users@einsteintoolkit.org Subject: Re: [Users] Summatiobyparts compilation failure on ARA cluster (latest ET release)
Andrea
The error message quotes a line that is not and should not be present in the source code. I wonder whether maybe your source file has somehow become corrupted?
Can you attach the file /home/wa65fop/CS_Wu/THC_ZM1/Cactus/arrangements/CactusNumerical/SummationByParts/src/Derivatives_2_1.F90 from your source tree, as well as the preprecessed file /home/wa65fop/CS_Wu/THC_ZM1/Cactus/configs/whiskyTHC_ZM1/build/SummationByParts/Derivatives_2_1.f90?
-erik
On Nov 16, 2018, at 1:51 , Andrea Endrizzi aendrizzi7@gmail.com wrote:
Good morning, I was trying to compile ET on ARA cluster, specifically with the latest intel compilers (2018, Update 3). All the C/C++ code compiled nicely, but when reaching the SummationByParts thorn, the file Derivatives_2_1.F90 failed (attached is a .txt of the error). I never saw this kind of error before when compiling previous versions of ET, but it seems to complain about syntax in a file that looked ok when I opened the source. Could it be related to the compiler/the compiler's flags I'm using? If that may be the case, I also attach the .cfg file I'm using (architecture of the nodes is Skylake). I am currently trying to build with a previous version, to check whether it is version-related or just a problem on my side.
Thanks already for your attention!
Best regards,
Andrea Endrizzi <error_report_summationbyparts.txt><ara-skl-icc_v0.1.cfg>
-- Erik Schnetter schnetter@protonmail.com http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/personal/eschnetter/
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.