Hi,
I found on the web that x86-64 CPUs do not support require 16-bytes precision, and gfortran 4.5 supports only up to kind=10. I compiled just fine using ifort on another x86-64, but it seems that the intel compilers can do this in software. The new gfortran 4.6 would support a quad precision in software. Was anybody successful in compiling on a x86-64 with GNU compilers?
best, Maria
________________________________________ From: users-bounces@einsteintoolkit.org [users-bounces@einsteintoolkit.org] on behalf of Babiuc-Hamilton, Maria [babiuc@marshall.edu] Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 9:30 PM To: users@einsteintoolkit.org Subject: [Users] compilation problem on 10.10 ubuntu
Hello,
I have problems compiling einsteintoolkit on Ubuntu 10.10 with gnu 4.4 or 4.5 compilers. The errors are:
H5fortran_detect.f90:164.26:
REAL(KIND= 16 ) :: a 1 Error: Kind 16 not supported for type REAL at (1) H5fortran_detect.f90:167.21:
a_size = SIZEOF(a) 1 Error: Symbol 'a' at (1) has no IMPLICIT type make[4]: *** [H5fortran_detect.o] Error 1 make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 Building HDF5...
CST error 1: -> Configuration script for thorn HDF5 returned exit code 1 (no error message)
Maria _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users