Hi Roland, thanks for the prompt reply. On Mar 1, 2012, at 12:46 PM, Roland Haas wrote:
# Parameters of thorn CoordBase (implementing CoordBase) CoordBase::boundary_shiftout_x_lower = 1 CoordBase::boundary_shiftout_z_lower = 1 CoordBase::boundary_size_x_lower = 3 CoordBase::boundary_size_z_lower = 3
Maybe CoordBase::boundary_size_y_lower = 3 CoordBase::boundary_size_x_upper = 3 CoordBase::boundary_size_y_upper = 3 CoordBase::boundary_size_z_upper = 3 are missing? I certainly use those.
this fixed the problem.
In the past I never used the *_upper and I used the*_ lower only for those directions where I was applying a symmetry condition. I think the *_upper just extends the grid from xmax to xmax+3*dx, while without them the boundary points are included in xmax. I'm not sure what is the effect of having added also y_lower, but the initial data look correct as before.
Thank you, Bruno
Dr. Bruno Giacomazzo JILA - University of Colorado 440 UCB Boulder, CO 80309 USA
Tel. : +1 303-492-0389 Fax : +1 303-492-5235 email : bruno.giacomazzo@jila.colorado.edu web: http://www.brunogiacomazzo.org
---------------------------------------------------------------------- There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't ----------------------------------------------------------------------