Jens
Yes, Cartoon2D should be possible with GRHydro. Apart from certain technical difficulties (choosing correct coordinates, number of ghost points, etc.), the largest problem I expect is that Cartoon2D will interpolate the solution, and interpolation is not a conservative operation. Thus I'd expect problems near shocks, discontinuities, and surfaces -- problems in the sense of "the hydro scheme is inaccurate", not in the sense of "segfault" or "nan".
Most likely -- and I have no hard information on which to base my opinion -- what is necessary is a very careful debugging of your parameter file. It's difficult to explain this in an email (and I might also be wrong) -- feel free to call in next Monday for more in-person advice.
-erik
On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 5:51 AM, Jens Mahlmann jensmahl@alumni.uv.es wrote:
Dear all,
I am currently trying to set up an easy GRMHD simulation using axial symmetry. In the documentation I find the thorn Cartoon2D recommended for general axisymmetric problems. Is the use of Cartoon2D possible with evolutions in GRHydro? Doing my setup I do find a lot of NaNs in the Prim2Con routines.
Thank you and my best from Valencia
Jens
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users