I tried to edit the https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Tutorial_for_New_Users anonymously (and maybe it worked, do we want it to work with anonymous edits?) But just in case it reverts, I changed the text
p 'hydrobas::rho.maximum.asc' u 2:3 w lp
to
p 'hydrobase-rho.maximum.asc' u 2:3 w lp
and similarly lower down
p 'admbase::lapse.minimum.asc' u 2:3 w lp
to
p 'admbase-lapse.minimum.asc' u 2:3 w lp
I have output files with the '-' in them and not '::' .
Also using the static_tov.par that comes with ETK_2016_11 in /repos/einsteinexamples/par/static_tov.par and my plots look very different than the tutorial plots...but caution, I am new to ETK! hydrobase-rho.maximum.asc plot Image:rho_of_time.png and admbase-lapse.minium.asc plot Image:Lapse_of_time.png
On the left are my ETK runs of static_tov.par and on the right are the ones from the new user tutorial. My run "looks" successful in that I have no errors and it ran to the end of the time, 1000. I have many warnings in the output file, but mostly the seem benign.
So THE question here, are my plots right or are the tutorials? And could it be the static_tov.par in the ETK_2016_11 is different than used on the tutorial?
Thanks for future help. Also just practicing posting to the list:)
bill e.g.