-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1
Hello Gengbing,
yes, that should work.
Very good.
But CCTK_stdout may also need to be thread private variable to avoid race condition by multiple SMP threads.
Hmm, not sure I fully follow. Is it that for a run using AMPI, there would be N pthreads (for an N core machine) but each one of those pthreads would contain M user threads and so there would be N*M AMPI ranks. Is this what you are thinking about?
This actually makes it harder since we have to worry about __thread and (for non-AMPI runs) the pthreads that OpenMP creates and which need to have their output FILE pointer initialized to that of the owning process.
So this will be similar to what I proposed to have a cctk_printf function.
Basically the cctk_printf functions are cctk_VWarn and cctk_VInfo.
Yours, Roland
- -- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.