Roland,
EinsteinExact does contain both Gauge Wave shifted gauge wave initial data. They're provided as additional thorns. Here's the relevant part of my thorn list:
!TARGET = $ARR !TYPE = git !URL = https://github.com/barrywardell/EinsteinExact.git !REPO_PATH= $2 !CHECKOUT = EinsteinExact/doc EinsteinExact/m EinsteinExact/tests EinsteinExact/EinsteinExact_Test EinsteinExact/GaugeWave EinsteinExact/KerrSchild EinsteinExact/Minkowski EinsteinExact/ModifiedSchwarzschildBL EinsteinExact/ShiftedGaugeWave EinsteinExact/Vaidya2
Here's the parameter file I used to run it (in compliance with apples with apples) for my DG paper (arXiv:1604.00075):
https://bitbucket.org/Yurlungur/oldg-supplemental/src/12834adfa6ce4b0660ca98...
I was using my implementation Mclachlan, but you should be able to adapt the relevant parameters.
Best,
Jonah
On 17-07-20 02:13 PM, Roland Haas wrote:
Hello all,
I am trying to set up the gauge wave test from the apples with apples paper https://arxiv.org/abs/0709.3559 "Appendix A.3. Gauge wave testbed". While these are simple enough the coding up the ADM variables is not a big deal, I would still ideally avoid this potential source of error and use a code that is already in the ET or Cactus.
Does anyone know if such a thorn exists in the ET (and would point me to it)? EinsteinExact does not seem to contain such a module (but only the shifted gauge test).
Yours, Roland
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users