On 19/12/16 07:57, Guy Pitman wrote:
Further to my last email on this issue,
Can anyone tell me what version of gcc we should be using for the install? I notice that the Mac Homebrew installation refers to gcc46 - but there seems to be a problem running that on a Mac (it seemed to install OK under home-brew but I get segmentation fault 11- doing gcc-46 —version) :googling this, clang (Apple's LLVM-based C compiler) is intended to be a compatible replacement for gcc? I also tried gcc49 but that gives a problem with linking. If I use the clang compiler, I get a problem with the *unknown type*
name ‘CCTK_COMPLEX16’ etc.*
Hi Guy!
There is an open ticket about compiling Cactus with clang:
https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1933
so I assume this road will not work.
I suggest using what is specified in the optionlist, which for homebrew and the latest ET release is gcc-6. If you experience linking problems, it's probably a completely different issue: in that case, post again to the list with the exact error message and we can try and solve that too.
Best, Eloisa