Hello,
I am seeing this warnings in a BNS moving-grid simulation without CarpetMask (using carpet's development version). It appears only after a limited (small) number of regriddings (close to one another) during the inspiral, not at the very beginning of the simulation. So I would think that they are not caused by wrong parameters. May they be?
Cheers, Luca
On 9/27/11 10:41 AM, Erik Schnetter wrote:
There are three possible causes for this warning:
- An internal error in Carpet (that's why the warning was put in)
- An inconsistent grid structure setup, e.g. near a symmetry or an
outer boundary, i.e. an error in a parameter file 3. You are using thorn CarpetMask to exclude a horizon from reductions
In case 3 the warning is harmless (and should not be there -- sorry).
-erik
On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 9:25 PM, Jakob Hansen jakobidetsortehul@gmail.com wrote:
Hi,
Using mercurial, I get this warning during simulations :
INFO (CarpetReduce): Simulation domain volume: 170368000 INFO (CarpetReduce): Reduction weight sum: 170367999.880642 WARNING level 1 in thorn CarpetReduce processor 0 host tachyon2974 (line 120 of /home01/r632kgw/jakob/CactusP/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetReduce/src/mask_test.c): -> Simulation domain volume and reduction weight sum differ
Simulations seem to run okay though. What is causing this warning and is it serious or can I just ignore it?
Cheers, Jakob
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users