Hello all,
moving ExternalLibraries:
- go ahead with compressed tarballs in repo
- move right away
- update old release branches and add new release tags to point to new servers
I have pushed a version of einsteintoolkit.th into master that uses the copies of the ExternalLibraries on github together with github's svn checkout capability.
I checked out a fresh Cactus tree using that thornlist and could successfully compile and run (one) testsuite.
Running
diff -urw -x .svn Cactus/arrangements/ExternalLibraries \ CactusGH/arrangements/ExternalLibraries
shows that there are some empty directories that are missing in the github version. This is due to git not being able to store empty directories. The typical workaround is to put an empty file (eg an empty .gitignore) in the directory in question. I have not done so since the directories are not needed and adding a .gitignore would have to be done to past revisions as well.
The missing directories are:
OpenCL/dist OpenCL/par OpenCL/test PAPI/doc pciutils/par
Unless there are reports of failures I will also apply the same changes to the release versions of einsteintoolkit.th (branches and in a new release tag).
Yours, Roland