When replying, type your text above this line. ---------------------------------------------- Notification of Incident Registration
Project: CCT Help Desk Incident: Re: [Users] still cannot update CVS repositories from outside LSU Incident Number: 925
Priority: Medium Status: Request Date: 05/18/2010 Time: 08:47:31 Created By: roland.haas@physics.gatech.edu
View Incident in Browser: https://itservice.lsu.edu/MRcgi/MRlogin.pl?DL=925DA20
Description:
Entered on 05/18/2010 at 08:47:31 CDT (GMT-0500) by roland.haas@physics.gatech.edu: Dear Sir or Madam,
On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 08:55:06AM -0400, Roland Haas wrote:
I am still unable to *update* CVS repositories from outside LSU (works from is.cct.lsu.edu).
Can you please get in contact with ccthelpdesk@lsu.edu to resolve this? I have spoken with them about this, but couldn't show anything because it worked for me.
thanks, Frank
I am having trouble *updating* cvs repositories hosted at asylum.cct.lsu.edu from outside of the LSU network. The initial checkout works fine and if I log into say is.cct.lsu.edu I can also update. These are the steps that allow me to reproduce the problem:
[rhaas3@phys44230 tmp]$ cvs -d:pserver:cvs_anon@cvs.cct.lsu.edu/numrel login <Enter: anon as password> [rhaas3@phys44230 tmp]$ cvs -d:pserver:cvs_anon@cvs.cct.lsu.edu/numrel co LSUThorns/QuasiLocalMeasures [rhaas3@phys44230 tmp]$ cd LSUThorns/QuasiLocalMeasures/ [rhaas3@phys44230 QuasiLocalMeasures]$ cvs update ... stalls ...
With 'strace cvs update' I get as one of the last few lines:
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x2b773e4c6000 lseek(4, 0, SEEK_CUR) = -1 ESPIPE (Illegal seek) write(3, "BEGIN AUTH REQUEST\n/numrel\ncvs_a"..., 59) = 59
cvs [update aborted]: received termination signal
where the termination signal is I pressing CTRL-C. This happens on both my workstation (Gergia Tech) and on TACC Ranger but not from is.cct.lsu.edu.
I also see:
[rhaas3@phys44230 m]$ netstat --tcp -p | grep cvs (Not all processes could be identified, non-owned process info will not be shown, you would have to be root to see it all.) tcp 0 59 phys44230.physics.gat:47852 asylum.cct.lsu.e:cvspserver ESTABLISHED 9837/cvs
The CVS version at GT is 1.11.22 on Ranger 1.11.17 and on is.cct.lsu.edu 1.11.22. This is rather baffling.
Yours, Roland