For the bbh simulation:
I still have problems with NaNs around 8-10M of evolution. The parameter file I prepared BBHLowRes.par quits always around 8.5M of evolution time (I have tried a few parameter combinations when trying to nail down this issue). The Nan mask indicates large values coming from the boundary closer to the Pi symmetry boundary for the second finest level. The same problem occurs for the bbh.par parameter file (it quits at 10.5M). Interestingly that doesn't seem to be the case for qc0-mclachlan.par. It runs smoothly until 12M (so far). The most obvious difference is that AHFinderDirect uses PunctureTracker::pt_loc_[xyz] to track origin in the bbh.par case but it doesn't for qc0-mclachlan.par. However I don't see why this would be the cause of these Nans. Maybe PunctureTracker doesn't understand Pi symmetry? In any case, I will need to investigate closely the differences between these two parameter files to find the culprit.
Roland: which Carpet version did you use when you ran qc0-mclachlan.par?
Cheers, Bruno.
Frank Loeffler wrote:
Hi,
At least Tanja, Roland, myself and Erik cannot join the ET call tomorrow, so let's cancel the meeting for this week.
However: in order not to lose focus in the ET paper it would be nice to have some progress report for the largest missing sections, e.g., the examples, on this mailing list.
For the TOVs:
I ran a couple of resolutions of a standard TOV model and can easily see the fundamental mode. It is pretty clear that in order to get a good measurement of the frequency the resolution cannot be laptop or workstation-friendly, but that is to be expected. I cannot easily see or measure any overtones though - it's a nice, damped sine. I will finish to run the high-res simulations and then include that frequency measurement in the paper, comparing with the expected result.
Frank
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users