On 21/11/11 16:20, Roland Haas wrote:
Another point is that explicit memory management at shutdown isn't really useful. It adds more code, adds complexity to keep track of things, and delays the shutdown because extra things happen.
I agree that it adds extra complication and is not terribly useful. We can certainly remove it. I doubt calling the equivalent of free() slows down shutdown noticably though :-) I did the minimal change without modifying the initial intent of the author (since the status variable was already present).
I would simply call "allocate" in ENOSetup, schedule the routine such that it is called only once, and leave it at this, removing about 20 or 30 lines of code and the possibility of error.
Fine with me. If there are not protests I will do so near the end of the week.
I protest!
Really, I know it's no big deal, but I'd be just as aesthetically offended with the lack of a free() as with the lack of a deallocate().
Ian