We should probably update the documentation to reflect where the machine specific info is, along the lines Ian points out.
I can give it a shot!
Mikael
Sent from my iPhone
On Aug 10, 2017, at 10:56 AM, users-request@einsteintoolkit.org wrote:
Send Users mailing list submissions to users@einsteintoolkit.org
To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to users-request@einsteintoolkit.org
You can reach the person managing the list at users-owner@einsteintoolkit.org
When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re: Contents of Users digest..."
Today's Topics:
- Re: Changing the default directory for simulations (Maitraya Bhattacharyya)
- Re: Changing the default directory for simulations (Maitraya Bhattacharyya)
- Re: Changing the default directory for simulations (Maitraya Bhattacharyya)
Message: 1 Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 22:02:05 +0530 From: Maitraya Bhattacharyya maitraya.linux@gmail.com Subject: Re: [Users] Changing the default directory for simulations To: Ian Hinder ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de Cc: Einstein Toolkit Users users@einsteintoolkit.org Message-ID: CAF9cbAT_YGj-vZCu5_mJuJQ-ocz68vzUvQQJgtAsazQaLWcDGg@mail.gmail.com Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
Hi Ian,
Sorry! I forgot to reply to all.
My symfactory defs.local.ini is:
[default] user = mkb14ip002 email = mkb14ip002 allocation = NO_ALLOCATION
[CESSI-BEAST] user = mkb14ip002 email = mkb14ip002 allocation = NO_ALLOCATION basedir = /disk1/maitraya/Einstein_Toolkit/ET_Simulations
My machine is CESSI-BEAST, something that I added later for basedir to work.
The command I typed was: ./simfactory/bin/sim submit static_tov --parfile=par/static_tov.par --procs=20 --walltime=8:0:0
And the output: Warning: simulation "static_tov" does not exist or is not readable Parameter file: /disk1/maitraya/Einstein_Toolkit/Cactus/par/static_tov.par Skeleton Created Job directory: "/disk1/maitraya/Einstein_Toolkit/ET_Simulations/static_tov" Executable: "/disk1/maitraya/Einstein_Toolkit/Cactus/exe/cactus_sim" Option list: "/disk1/maitraya/Einstein_Toolkit/ET_Simulations/static_tov/SIMFACTORY/cfg/OptionList" Submit script: "/disk1/maitraya/Einstein_Toolkit/ET_Simulations/static_tov/SIMFACTORY/run/SubmitScript" Run script: "/disk1/maitraya/Einstein_Toolkit/ET_Simulations/static_tov/SIMFACTORY/run/RunScript" Parameter file: "/disk1/maitraya/Einstein_Toolkit/ET_Simulations/static_tov/SIMFACTORY/par/static_tov.par" Assigned restart id: 0 Error: Too many nodes specified: nodes=20 (maxnodes is 1) Aborting Simfactory.
Thanks, Maitraya.
On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 9:49 PM, Ian Hinder ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de wrote:
On 10 Aug 2017, at 11:08, Maitraya Bhattacharyya maitraya.linux@gmail.com wrote:
Hi Ian,
I have got the basedir to work, but I cannot seem to change procs=1
Error: Too many nodes specified: nodes=20 (maxnodes is 1) Aborting Simfactory.
When I used ubuntu.in, the ppn there was set to 256.
Hi,
(Please reply also to the list so that other can benefit. I have re-added users@einsteintoolkit.org to the CC.)
Can you post:
- The command that you typed and the error message
- The content of defs.local.ini
- The machine definition for the machine you are using
I assume you are trying now to use ubuntu.ini?
-- Ian Hinder http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin