Roland,
It looks like I'm seeing exactly the problem you resolved in the ticket you mentioned. Has it been backported? If not, will you please remind me how to do the pull request? In my notes I have something like this: 1. Change to the correct directory 2. git fetch origin 3. git fetch && git checkout origin/<patch>
I am stuck at point 1: what is the correct directory for this pull?
thanks, Maria
_______________________ Maria C. Babiuc Hamilton, Ph.D. Professor, Department of Physics College of Science, Marshall University, 1 John Marshall Drive, Huntington, WV, 25755 Room S 257, Phone: (304)696-2754
________________________________ From: Roland Haas Sent: Friday, June 4, 2021 3:26 PM To: Hamilton, Maria Cc: users@einsteintoolkit.org Subject: Re: [Users] problems compiling ETK on OSX Big Sur
Hello Maria,
I've been trying to compile the new stable version of the ETK Lorentz on osx Big Sur and I got all kinds of problems.
This is x86 or M1?
I could compile Lorentz fine on OSX BigSur (x86 in a VM) using both macports and homebrew.
Note that both might have updated their default compilers (to gcc-11) since you last tried.
The instructions to compile are in the jupyter notebook:
https://github.com/nds-org/jupyter-et/blob/master/CactusTutorial.ipynb
I just tried following those instructions on BigSur 11.4, HomeBrew, both freshly updated and things worked ok (taking into account the bugfix in https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2537/sim-setup-silent-p... ).
Here's my OS information and installed packages:
% sw_vers ProductName: macOS ProductVersion: 11.4 BuildVersion: 20F71
% brew list --versions apr 1.7.0_2 apr-util 1.6.1_3 fftw 3.3.9_1 gcc 11.1.0_1 gettext 0.21 gmp 6.2.1 gsl 2.7 hdf5 1.12.0_4 hwloc 2.4.1 isl 0.24 jpeg 9d libevent 2.1.12 libmpc 1.2.1 lz4 1.9.3 mpfr 4.1.0 open-mpi 4.1.1_2 openssl@1.1 1.1.1k pkg-config 0.29.2_3 readline 8.1 sqlite 3.35.5 subversion 1.14.1_2 szip 2.1.1_1 utf8proc 2.6.1 zstd 1.5.0
Yours, Roland
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .