Hello Bill,
The library would be in configs/sim/scratch/external/ eg:
ET_trunk/configs/sim/scratch/external/openPMD/lib/libopenPMD.a
Nope, I see in the Cactus/configs/sim/scratch/external
archimedes/gabe :<scratch/external 338 >ls ./ ../ ADIOS2/ AMReX/ LORENE/ NSIMD/ SGRID/ Silo/
in my case (note that this is the statically linked one).
You you provide the file
configs/sim/bindings/Configuration/Capabilities/make.OPENPMD_API.defn
and you option list, please?
Attached make.OPENPMD_API.defn, oddly it has a line HAVE_CAPABILITY_openPMD_api = 1
Ok, so it left OPENPMD_LIBS_DIRS empty b/c /usr/local/lib64 is one of the "well known" directories that one assumes the system will automatically search in. Might not true on all systems and OSs (macOS comes to mind as usual) though.
OPENMP_INC_DIRS = /usr/local/lib64 sounds a bit fishy to me, but seems be there for Fortran support.
Also attaching the OptionList in Cactus/configs/sim.
Thank you.
My suggestion would be to add -Wl,--rpath,/usr/local/lib64 to LDFLAGS or /usr/local/lib64 to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable. Are there any other libraries in /usr/local/lib64 ?
You could try and see what directories are configured in /etc/ld.so.conf which on my Debian box ends up being:
/usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
If I become motivated, I may want to play with CarpetX.
ok.
Yours, Roland