Hello Thejas,
The gallery example gives a thornlist (ET Schwarzschild release
(ET_2023_05)) that is known to work with the parfile. Have you tried that one? I am asking because using it with GetComponents and simfactory should really give you a working ADMBase.
Yes I have, but I am not able to run the poisson equation.
Hmm, really, when using the release thornlist linked on the gallery page:
http://einsteintoolkit.org/gallery/poisson/index.html
it should have ADMBase present and you should not see the error you were apparently seeing. I am not quite sure what may be going on.
I did that, currently the problem I am facing a problem, I have
executed the static tov par file it was compiled but no output. In the older version the output would be in simulation, but not in the 2023 version. This is the output
Iteration Time | ADMBASE::alp | HYDROBASE::rho | minimum maximum | minimum maximum
256000 1000.000 | 0.6686480 0.9966259 | 1.000000e-10 0.0012830 INFO (Carpet): Terminating due to cctk_final_time at t = 1000.000000
Done.
- echo Stopping:
- date
Stopping: Tuesday 08 August 2023 01:29:38 PM IST
- echo Done.
Done. Simfactory Done at date: Tuesday 08 August 2023 01:29:38 PM
This does indicate that it ran to completion though (ran until t=1000.0), so there is at least output to screen.
If this is from a 2023 checkout (though for 2023 the gallery example is no longer static_tov see below), then the output should be in
$HOME/simulations/static_tov/output-0000
If you have a directory $HOME/simulations/static_tov/output-0001 or other higher numbers present then what happened is that the old simulation was not removed (using simfactory/bin/sim purge static_tov) before "simfactory/bin/sim submit static_tov --parfile ..." was executed. In that case simfactory detects the existing simulation and will instead add a new segment (output directory) to it. So if you see any "ouput-0001" or higher directories, then you should either remove them before you run "sim submit" or instead pass a new simulation name eg static_tov_01 to "sim submit". Using "sim create" and "sim submit" separately can help catch these issues since "sim create" will abort and show an error message if the simulation already exists.
The new release updated that parameter files and
http://einsteintoolkit.org/gallery/ns/index.html
now lists three choices for parameter files
tov_gallery_polytrop.par tov_gallery_polytrop_med.par tov_gallery_polytrop_hi.par tov_gallery_polytrop_hi2.par
These also fail?
one more question is there any difference between tov_et and static_tov par file, apart from grid size.
tov_et is very much cut down to run on the tutorial server in 10 minutes or so. Almost everything, including physical correctness, if given up to achieve this. So really, tov_et should only ever be used in the 10minutes run on the tutorial server. The gallery example however is (should be) a production setup, except for the potentially lower resolution So I would expect quite a number of differences between the two.
Yours, Roland