On 9/23/10 10:09 AM, Erik Schnetter wrote:
On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 12:17 AM, Baiotti Luca baiotti@ile.osaka-u.ac.jp wrote:
On 9/22/10 12:34 PM, Frank Loeffler wrote:
On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 07:00:43PM -0500, Erik Schnetter wrote:
What do you think, Luca? What do others think?
That use-case will not be common, and in that case I would simply restart in a fresh directory, e.g. using simfactory.
Erik,
I also think that it is an unlikely situation. An INFO message about which files are being appended, together with the creation date of the datasets contained in the ASCII files should be enough to disentangle the possible confusion you mentioned. As a further help, the date of last writing of the to-be-appended files could be printed together with the INFO message, but I think it not to be a priority or a necessity.
In this case, just making the corresponding parameters steerable should be good enough. Luca, did you try this? Did it work?
Yes, it worked for me.
Luca