Hello Maria, all,
I've tested both ET_2019_10 and the development version on Mojave with osx-homebrew.cfg and replacing gcc-8 with gcc-9.
It looks good, run ends in less than 10 min, no test is hanging, all tests pass, except for:
Tests failed:
memspeed (from MemSpeed)
Thank you very much for testing this. This is indeed good news. Based on this I wanted to try and see if the issue is due to my tests having been inside of a VirtuaLBox virtual machine. To test this out I installed macports 2.6.2 on Nov 15th on the actual bare metal laptop.
Unfortunately for me even in this setup the tests still hung. I attach a list of installed packages and the output of port diagnose to this email.
Next I rebooted the latpop and installed Homebrew, compiled the ET (ET_2019_10) from scratch and re-ran the testsuite.
And indeed all tests except for MemSpeed pass.
I double checked and it the CT Multilevel tests still fail for homebrew in the VM. The installed packackes and homebrew version (from git log in /usr/local/Homebrew) are identical as well.
So somehow the VM behaves differently from the the bare metal laptop it runs on for Homebrew but not for MacPorts.
Yours, Roland