Hello Robyn,
yes, that was it.
I responded on stackexchange but basically the solution is to make sure that the "default" version of gcc is installed.
You'd run
sudo port uninstall gcc8 sudo port install gcc9 sudo port install openmpi-gcc9
then can select the version using:
sudo port select --set mpi openmpi-gcc9-fortran
Yours, Roland
Hello Robyn,
https://superuser.com/questions/1446192/macports-error-when-trying-to-select... https://superuser.com/questions/1446192/macports-error-when-trying-to-select-open-mp-fortan-for-mpi
I don’t know if they found their solution but could somebody answer this person and so solve my problem as well.
I am still trying to track this down.
I suspect that part of the reason is that macports updated its default gcc compiler from gcc8 to gcc9 which may cause this.
I can reproduce the problem on my MacPorts VM test setup but it being very slow have not been able to test it fully.
Reading the ports file https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/master/science/openmpi/Portf... it would seem as if builds using gcc should contain the fortran bindings.
I would try;
sudo port uninstall gcc8 sudo port install gcc9 openmpi-gcc9
then try and see if
sudo port select --list mpi
Yours, Roland