Thanks Roland,
Interesting point. I can play with the initial setup a bit.
Where is eos state change initiated? I believe the collapse occurs because there is a sudden lowering of the pressure !?
I'll poke around some ...
Mikael
Sent from my iPhone
On Aug 22, 2017, at 12:09 PM, Roland Haas roland.haas@physics.gatech.edu wrote:
Hello Mikeal,
I didn't follow any instructions, are there such? I looked at the supplied par file (in the /par/arXiv-1111.3344/collapse/ directory) and noticed there were two thorns missing: EinsteinEvolve/CoreCollapseControl and CTGamma/CartesianCoordinates. I found these online somewhere (it was a while ago). and updated the thornlist reran the build command and the launched the sim with the submit command. See attached log. I relaunched the sim starting from the latest checkpoint and it bombed somewhat earlier in the evolution.
The CoreCollapseControl seems to be from 2013, not sure about the CartesianCoordinates code ...
About the same. CartesianCoordinates is only included b/c some other thorn in there needed a thorn that implements "Coordinates". Now that Llama is in the ET one can just use its own "Coordinates" thorn with the proper single-box settings.
CoreCollapseControl could likely be replaced by thorn Trigger (and a large number of triggers).
Yes the failure is a con2prim failure though the density is not yet that high (3.420260e-03 up from initially 3.15e-3 which in itself is actually quite high, hmm, maybe that is where the problem comes from.)
Yours, Roland
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .