Dear all, I would like to restart a simulation from a checkpoint enlarging the finest refinement level in my grid. In particular, I would like to change CarpetRegrid2::radius_1[5] = 20.1 to CarpetRegrid2::radius_1[5] = 25. I tried to do that by making the parameter CarpetRegrid2::radius_1 always steerable and adding the following lines to my parameter file:
ActiveThorns = "Trigger" Trigger::Trigger_Number = 1
Trigger::Trigger_Checked_Variable[0] = "hydrobase::rho" Trigger::Trigger_Relation[0] = ">" Trigger::Trigger_Checked_Value[0] = 1.e-4 Trigger::Trigger_Reduction[0] = "maximum"
Trigger::Trigger_Reaction[0] = "steerparam" Trigger::Trigger_Steered_Parameter_Thorn[0] = "CarpetRegrid2" Trigger::Trigger_Steered_Parameter_Name[0] = "radius_1[5]" Trigger::Trigger_Steered_Parameter_Value[0] = "25." #New value of the above parameter Trigger::Trigger_Once[0] = 1 #It means "yes" Trigger::Trigger_Debug = 1 #It means "yes"
In this way, the trigger should act immediately, as the maximum of rho is ~1e-3 in my case. Indeed, it looks like the trigger is working fine, as the standard output says
[...] INFO (Trigger): Testing triggers INFO (Trigger): last_checked: -1 INFO (Trigger): reducing trigger 0 red_handle 2 varindex 428 INFO (Trigger): reducing was ok INFO (Trigger): trigger nr. 0 fullfilled for rho (0.000804>0.000100) INFO (Trigger): Steering parameter INFO (Trigger): Parameter steered [...]
but unfortunately, looking at the 2D output with VisIt, the finest refinement level does not get enlarged (i.e. radius_1[5] does not appear to have been steered at all). Do you have any suggestions on how to get this trigger to work? Or, are you aware of other ways of obtaining the same result without using the thorn Trigger?
I attach the parameter file in case you need it.
Thank you very much in advance for your help.
Sincerely, Lorenzo Ennoggi