On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 2:26 PM, Comer Duncan comer.duncan@gmail.com wrote:
Hi Ian,
Oh well. You can find the contents of build3.log on http://pastebin.com/0q9NNAT4 and I note nothing different, or so it seems. Here is a query about mpich and openmpi on my system:
ComerMacProRetina:Cactus comerduncan$ port installed | grep mpich mpich-default @3.1.3_0+gcc49 mpich-default @3.1.4_0+gcc49 petsc @3.5.3_1+accelerate+hwloc+mpich ComerMacProRetina:Cactus comerduncan$ port installed | grep openmpi openmpi @1.7.5_3 (active) openmpi-default @1.7.5_3+gcc47 (active) petsc @3.5.3_1+accelerate+hwloc+openmpi (active)
Also, I note in the osx-macport config file that the compiler specified is gcc49 to wit:
CPP = cpp-mp-4.9 FPP = cpp-mp-4.9 CC = gcc-mp-4.9 CXX = g++-mp-4.9 F90 = gfortran-mp-4.9
However, note that the active openmpi-default points to gcc47. Could this be a problem?
I think not. Compilers are quite compatible. There is an issue with which libstdc++ is used, but MacPorts is careful to do the right thing for different compilers.
-erik
Thanks for your help.
Comer
On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 12:55 PM, Ian Hinder ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de wrote:
On 20 May 2015, at 18:35, Comer Duncan comer.duncan@gmail.com wrote:
Ok, I deactivated mpich and have run simfactory/bin/sim build --optionlist=osx-macports.cfg >build2.log 2>&1 and get similar errors. I have pasted the contents of build2.log to http://pastebin.com/kcua0vKQ. It does not seem that the deactivation of mpich had the desired effect.
You probably need to do a clean build by removing configs/sim and building again (this is usually good advice in general, if you suspect there is something weird happening with the build system). Having both MPI versions' header files around during compilation might have caused the problems.
-- Ian Hinder http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin