Hello Shamim Haque,
Ok.
Yours, Roland
Hello Roland,
Thanks for pointing me to the links. I'll check out the resources.
Regards Shamim Haque Senior Research Fellow (SRF) Department of Physics IISER Bhopal
ᐧ
On Fri, Jun 2, 2023 at 3:24 AM Roland Haas rhaas@illinois.edu wrote:
Hello Shamim Haque,
"the grid structure inconsistent. Impossible to continue" is a fairly generic error that Carpet outputs if it detects that the grid structure has become inconsistent and it is impossible to continue the simulation.
This condition is detected by a low level routine in Carpet that no longer has access to the higher level information that was passed to Carpet and that is actually the cause for the inconsistent grid structure.
The mailing list has a couple of similar reports that you could take a look at and that may point to a possible solution.
For this sort of error, more details would be needed to do any useful diagnosis. At least the full log file (stdout and stderr) of the simulation up to the point when it aborted would be needed along with possibly some more log files that record the grid structure.
Here are some possible relevant email threads:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/user...
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/user...
maybe also:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/is...
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/is...
Yours, Roland
Dear Steve,
Thank you for your reply. I tried the same simulation with a finer grid, and the simulation started working fine, even though very slow (looks
like
due to slow inter-node communication), but it did work out. I could see a few iterations towards the final couple of hours from the wall time.
Turns out, a simulation with GRhydro, in such cases (where the grid needs to be finer), would end with an error saying, "*the grid structure inconsistent. Impossible to continue*". On the other hand, a simulation with IllinoisGRMHD stops abruptly during the thorn setup (somewhere
around
the SpaceMask and AHFinderDirect setup).
Later I tried to see if I can pace up the simulation, but looks like the inter-node communication is very slow in the HPC, which may be an
inherent
problem with the HPC since it is a very old one.
Regards Shamim Haque Senior Research Fellow (SRF) Department of Physics IISER Bhopal
ᐧ
On Tue, May 23, 2023 at 10:08 PM Steven R. Brandt sbrandt@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
Sorry that no one has replied to you in a while. Are you still experiencing this difficulty?
--Steve On 4/4/2023 3:08 AM, Shamim Haque 1910511 wrote:
Dear Steven,
I assure you that I submitted the simulation for the first time only. I used "sim create-submit" to submit the simulation, which would not
submit
the job if the same name was executed earlier.
Secondly, I found this same message appearing in the output files from debug queue (1 node, with GRHydro) and high memory node (3 nodes, with IllinoisGRMHD), here the simulation ran successfully. I have attached
the
output files for reference.
Regards Shamim Haque Senior Research Fellow (SRF) Department of Physics IISER Bhopal
ᐧ
On Tue, Apr 4, 2023 at 12:35 AM Steven R. Brandt sbrandt@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
I see this error message in your output:
-> [0m No HDF5 checkpoint files with basefilename
'checkpoint.chkpt'
and file extension '.h5' found in recovery directory 'nsns_toy1.2_DDME2BPS_quark_1.2vs1.6M_40km_g25'
I suspect you did a "sim submit" for a job, got a failure, and did a second "sim submit" without purging. That immediately triggered the
error.
Then, for some reason, MPI didn't shut down cleanly and the processes
hung
doing nothing until they used up the walltime.
--Steve On 4/2/2023 5:16 AM, Shamim Haque 1910511 wrote:
Hello,
I am trying to run BNSM using IllinoisGRMHD on HPC Kanad at IISER
Bhopal.
While I have tested the parfile to be running fine on debug queue (1
node)
and high memory queue (3 nodes), I am unable to run the simulation in
a
queue with 9 nodes (144 cores).
The output file suggests that the setup of listed thorns is not
complete
within 24 hours, which is the max walltime for this queue.
Is there a way to sort out this issue? I have attached the parfile and outfile for reference.
Regards Shamim Haque Senior Research Fellow (SRF) Department of Physics IISER Bhopal ᐧ
Users mailing listUsers@einsteintoolkit.orghttp://
lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinf...
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://pgp.mit.edu__;!!DZ3fjg!7i12qoKBFzgYKbEGMk... .
Yours, Roland