It's not a problem since we haven't yet included LSUThorns (also AEIThorns) in the conversion. I think this was because they are external to both Cactus and the Einstein Toolkit.
On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 11:26 AM, Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
Barry
Did my commit to LSUThorns/PeriodicCarpet cause problems? If so, you can ignore it -- I can re-commit it in git later.
-erik
On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 11:17 AM, Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
Barry
The proposal seems find. There is no major reason to keep the svn repos open at the moment -- we can either commit patches to git after the transition, or re-open them if there is an emergency.
Of course, Frank has the final say as he has admin access to the svn
repos.
-erik
On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 2:10 PM, Barry Wardell barry.wardell@gmail.com
wrote:
Hi all,
We now have almost everything in place for the transition from svn to
git.
Jenkins is back online and the tests are passing (although it is still running from svn, not the new git repositories yet), so I think we can consider the current svn trunk versions reasonably 'stable'. I propose
that
we now freeze the svn repositories and not allow any further commits to them. The primary reason for this is that it will help make the
transition
easier; every time there is a new commit to one of the svn repositories
I
have to go through a time consuming process of updating the git
arrangement
repositories and manually checking everything is still working.
Does anyone object to this proposal?
Barry
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
-- Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/personal/eschnetter/
-- Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/personal/eschnetter/