Hello Qingwen,
hmm, I would have expected that to work. However I don't normally use create-run and run directly (since they only work on laptops) and use submit and create-submit even on my laptop.
The job id is normally stored the file
$HOME/simulations/binarybh9/output-0000/SIMFACTORY/properties.ini in the jobid line eg:
jobid = 45607
However I just checked this with a "create-run" test and indeed the line is missing. This is a bug in simfactory as far as I can tell.
As a workaround for now, you can edit the file by hand and put in a jobid line of your own using a jobid (which is a process id [pid] in this case) that is not present on your laptop eg:
jobid = 999999
which is unique since Linux / Unix jobids are only from 1 to 65536.
I will create a trac bug ticket about this and CC you on it (since right now you cannot create the ticket on your own unfortunately).
For future runs (even on your laptop) I would suggest using the submit command (which will automatically do create-submit if the simulation does not exists) and eg use the show-output command or manually look at the .out file in the output-XXXX directories to watch simulation log output.
Yours, Roland
Dear all,
I was trying to restart a job script from a checkpoint, but it gives me the error
Simulation name: binarybh9 Error: job id is negative Aborting Simfactory
I had used "simfactory/bin/sim create-run" to start this, and when I restarted it, I simply change "create-run" to "run". It would be nice if anyone knows what's wrong with the code. Thanks a lot.
Regards, Qingwen