Thanks Roland! This is going to be useful; I didn't know about that parameter file.
I've been trying to compile Lorene, but am getting errors like:
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64: __gfortran_os_error", referenced from: _poiss2d_ in liblorenef77_g.a(poisson2d.o) _poiss2di_ in liblorenef77_g.a(poisson2di.o)
The initial "make" works fine. The errors only appear when I "make test" or "make coal_ns_bh init_ns_bh lit_bin_ns_bh" in the Codes/Bin_ns_bh directory. Did you by any chance run into something like this?
I'm using the MacPorts universal version of gcc 6.3.0 and am compiling with g++ and gfortran. I've tried setting -m64 and -m32, but neither works. I probably need to change something in my local settings file, but so far I haven't been able to figure out what.
Gwyneth
On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 6:58 PM, Roland Haas roland.haas@physics.gatech.edu wrote:
Hello Gwyneth, Frank, all,
Thanks for all the comments! I'm looking forward to trying this out.
Once I manage to compile Lorene and produce some data, I'll have a go at importing the data into the toolkit. There's probably going to be a learning curve, but I don't mind spending some time on this. If I manage
to
get it working, I'll add to the wiki.
I was pointed out to me by a kind person that there is indeed a simpler way to get at "some" bhns initial data. You can use a combination of the TOVSolver and TwoPunctures thorns to obtain such a one as shown in the test parfile arrangements/EinsteinInitialData/TwoPunctures/test/bhns_eval.par
You will probably have to run with quite high values for npoints_A and npoints_B (easily >60) to obtain any reasonable value for the constraints.
This will not generate great (or even good) initial data since at the very least the star will be out of hydrostatic equilibrium so will start to oscillate noticeably when the simulation stars. Second the example parfile has the star at rest. You can give it a velocity via TOVSolver's TOV_Velocity_x[0] etc parameters though then you will not even strictly satisfy the initial data constraints for the metric since TOVSolver does not take the fluid into account when solving for the momentum constraint. Finally there is no help provided to obtain quasicircular orbits at all, so you are stuck with eg starting from the Newtonian velocity and see what happens.
As said, not great initial data for BHNS but something that you could at least play with while learning how to use LORENE or getting access to better data produced by other codes.
Yours, Roland
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.