Hi,
sorry for the brevity of the previous mail. When I compile the ET with the generic.cfg I get the following error
checking size of int... 0 checking size of long... 0 checking size of long long... COMPILING arrangements/McLachlan/ML_WaveToy/src/WT_RHS.cc configure: error: in `/home/arb429/ET2017_toni/configs/sim/scratch/build/MPI/openmpi-1.10.1': configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (long long) See `config.log' for more details Died at /home/arb429/ET2017_toni/arrangements/ExternalLibraries/MPI/src/ build.pl line 71. COMPILING arrangements/McLachlan/ML_CCZ4/src/ML_CCZ4_ADMBaseEverywhere.cc COMPILING arrangements/EinsteinExact/Minkowski/src/ParamCheck.cc make[3]: *** [/home/arb429/ET2017_toni/configs/sim/scratch/done/MPI] Error 17 make[2]: *** [make.checked] Error 2 make[1]: *** [/home/arb429/ET2017_toni/configs/sim/lib/libthorn_MPI.a] Error 2 make[1]: *** Se espera a que terminen otras tareas....
when I looked at the config.log file it was not clear to me if this error in the compilation was due to sth wrong in the .ini file or in the .cfg. I have googled it but I did not find useful information, maybe you know what could cause it. I attach some files used for the compilation.
Thanks again and best regards, Toni.
2018-05-18 20:04 GMT+02:00 Steven R. Brandt sbrandt@cct.lsu.edu:
The phrase "did not work" tells us very little.
The contents of make.log will probably help, however.
--Steve
On 05/18/2018 09:44 AM, Antoni Ramos Buades wrote:
Hi, thanks Steven and Roland for your quick reply. I first tried to use the generic.cfg file but it did not work. When I used the commands
VERBOSE=yes simfactory/bin/sim build --mdbkey make 'make -j1' >make.log 2>&1 make sim-cleandeps
this error disappeared. Probably this was due to some wrong dependencies because I was using the same ET folder that I used to compile the ET in the Marenostrum4 cluster (Barcelona, Spain) for the cluster of the university.
Thanks and best regards, Toni.
2018-05-17 20:19 GMT+02:00 Steven R. Brandt sbrandt@cct.lsu.edu:
What OS are you using?
Did you attempt building with generic.cfg?
If you have mpic++ in your path, this should work.
--Steve
On 05/17/2018 11:10 AM, Antoni Ramos Buades wrote:
Hi,
my name is Antoni Ramos, I am student at UIB (Spain), I am trying to compile the ET in a small cluster that we have at the university. As a .cfg file I took the shelob-openmpi-gcc.cfg and I made some small changes to adapt it to our machine. So far, I got several error messages which where quite informative about what I was doing wrong. However, now I am receiving an error message I do not know what it does refer to. I would like to ask you if someone could tell me what this message mean and what could generate it.
...( skipping the previous messages)
CST finished. Checking status of thorn CoordBase Checking status of thorn Boundary Checking status of thorn ADMCoupling Checking status of thorn SummationByParts make[2]: *** [make.checked] Error 2 make[1]: *** [/home/arb429/ET2017_toni/configs/sim/lib/libthorn_CoordBase.a] Error 2 make[1]: *** Se espera a que terminen otras tareas.... make[2]: *** [make.checked] Error 2 make[1]: *** [/home/arb429/ET2017_toni/configs/sim/lib/libthorn_Boundary.a] Error 2 make[2]: *** [cctk_Bindings/make.checked] Error 2 make[2]: *** Se espera a que terminen otras tareas.... make[2]: *** [cctk_Bindings/make.checked] Error 2 make[1]: *** [/home/arb429/ET2017_toni/configs/sim/lib/libthorn_ADMCoupling.a] Error 2 make[2]: *** [make.checked] Error 2 make[1]: *** [/home/arb429/ET2017_toni/configs/sim/lib/libthorn_SummationByParts.a] Error 2 make: *** [sim] Error 2 Probably something is wrong with the .cfg file but I do not know what to change exactly. When I look at the configs/sim/config-data/config.log I am also not able to find out what is precisely wrong. I attach the .cfg file and the config.log to this mail.
Best regards and thanks, Toni.
Users mailing listUsers@einsteintoolkit.orghttp://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Users mailing listUsers@einsteintoolkit.orghttp://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users