To summarize:
Subject: External Tool Announcement: NOVA-Ω 2D Fluid Velocity Approximation Engine *Hello Einstein Toolkit Community,* *I want to share an open-source tool I've developed called NOVA-Ω. It is a standalone, self-contained Python framework designed for 2D fluid velocity approximations and accretion kinematics, featuring effective relativistic potentials (Schwarzschild strong-field corrections).* *While it is not written as a Cactus thorn, it serves as a lightweight, interactive tool (rendering directly to an ANSI terminal) that can be useful for students or researchers looking for rapid prototyping of accretion behaviors before launching heavy numerical relativity simulations.* *You can check out the repository here: * https://github.com/skylar2kaisa-gif/NOVA--A-2D-Fluid-Velocity-Approximation-... https://github.com/skylar2kaisa-gif/NOVA--A-2D-Fluid-Velocity-Approximation-Engine-for-Accretion-Dynamics/tree/main *Feedback is highly appreciated!*
On Mon, Jun 1, 2026 at 11:38 PM Rodney skylar2kaisa@gmail.com wrote:
I wanted to share a lightweight, self-contained Python numerical simulation framework I have developed called NOVA-Ω. The project consists of two distinct 2D orbital simulation engines rendered in real-time via a highly optimized, flicker-free cell-buffer terminal matrix utilizing DEC 2026 synchronized output:
- An Advection-Diffusion Variant: Utilizing a direct radial-velocity
decay model ((\frac{dr}{dt} \propto -r^{-2})) designed for fluid-like particle ring visualization. 2. A Dynamical Relativistic Variant: Integrating a true Schwarzschild-limit effective potential force calculation containing the strong-field correction term ((-3GL^2 / r^4)). This engine features continuous orbital energy dissipation via a localized distance-scaled drag gradient and successfully models the conservation of angular momentum by dynamically scaling the central singularity’s global spin metric ((\Omega )) upon event horizon ingestion.
The entire framework is written in pure Python without heavy external dependencies, allowing it to execute deep strong-field physics calculations and multi-body boundary transformations in a fraction of a millisecond per frame. I believe this could serve as an excellent, lightweight educational tool, a visual toy-model for testing non-vacuum binary perturbations, or an inspiring example of optimizing terminal-based physics rendering. The public repository containing the codebases can be found here: https://github.com/skylar2kaisa-gif/NOVA--A-2D-Fluid-Velocity-Approximation-... I would love to hear your thoughts, feedback, or any potential paths for integration into community educational resources. Best regards, Rodney de Rijk Lead Developer, NOVA-Ω Project