On 2013-07-14, at 13:06 , Udayaraj Khanal urkhanal@tucdp.edu.np wrote:
Dear all I have created a batch queue script and submitted it to queue an example simulation static_tov as in tutorial for new user. Then I checked the status by ./simfactory/bin/sim list-simulations. I got static_tov [ACTIVE (FINISHED), restart 0000, job id -1]. Does this signifies the completion of the simulation?
A job id of -1 usually indicates that the job was not actually submitted. Thus, it never even started to run.
One of our internal routines noticed the problem, and thus returned -1 as job id. However, there is unfortunately not yet a higher level routine that would translate this into a sensible error message.
Most likely, there was an error during job submission. The screen output you received may contain a hint as to the cause, or one of the log files that was generated.
-erik
When I logged in by ssh -Y qb.loni.org and give command cd /scratch/ettest52/simulations/static_tov/output-0000/static_tov No such file or directory. Is it due to not completion of the simulation? How much time does it take to complete a simulation? I have submitted it almost a week before.
Udayaraj Khanal Professor Central Department of Physics Tribhuvan University Kirtipur, Nepal _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users