On 23 May 2012, at 04:54, Kelly, Bernard J. (GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY] wrote:
Hi.
I decided to check out ETK Maxwell on a different Mac, this time one running Lion. I'm having trouble with the checkout of McLachlan and KrancNumericalTools. I haven't seen this GetComponents error message before; has something changed with these repositories, possibly related to the next release?
Hi Bernard,
Nothing has changed as far as I know. It says "12 components checked out", which is not enough for the full ET thornlist. Was this a fresh checkout, or was this over the top of an existing checkout? The "Cannot change branch" might mean that there were some local changes which would have been overwritten, and GetComponents tries to protect you from that. It also might give this error if you have checked out a branch which is not an ancestor of the ET_2011_10 branch, but I would have to check the code to be sure. If this is a fresh checkout, then someone else with Lion could try to reproduce the problem (I am still on Snow Leopard). Maybe some issue with the version of git which is installed, though this seems unlikely. Can you give the exact command you ran on a fresh checkout, and all the output? If the error is not clear, you can also try with --verbose to GetComponents. I think there is also an undocumented "very verbose" option "--verbose 2".
The GetComponents checkout on Linux on Datura is still working (http://damiana2.aei.mpg.de/~ianhin/testsuites/einsteintoolkit/).