Hi Frank and everyone,
Yes, I eventually got past the error by leaving blanks on the spaces for the values of most of the libraries' details, in particular for the BLAS library.
The system is indeed a Linux system (Linux Mint 17).
Thanks for the correction on mixing package names and library names. You really have a point there, it makes a lot of sense to me.
However, it has been quite a long while since I did this build. So with regard to the exact error message, I may need to re-do the build and try to replicate the error.
Like you said, it was something about the linker not being able to find some library(-ies).
I will get back and report on the results once I have re-done this, unless you believe it is not too necessary now.
Kind regards, Dumsani
On 23/07/2014 13:23, Frank Loeffler wrote:
Hi,
I am sorry for the long delay, if nobody else responded so far.
On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 11:03:13PM +0200, Dumsani Ndzinisa wrote:
BLAS_DIR = NO_BUILD BLAS_LIB_DIRS = /usr/lib/libblas BLAS_INC_DIRS = /usr/include BLAS_LIBS = libblas3 libblas-devIt turned out that the linker could not proceed well with this.
It would be good to know what the error message was. Assuming it could not find some symbols:
BLAS_LIB_DIRS = /usr/lib/libblas BLAS_INC_DIRS = /usr/includeTry without these. The latter should be searched by default anyway, and the first might also just work.
BLAS_LIBS = libblas3 libblas-devThis looks wrong. These look like package names, not library names. I would suspect you get the errors from the linker not finding libraries with that name.
First, try leaving it blank. Then, your blas library might need some additional libraries like pthread, try adding these if you get unresolved symbols relating to threads.
It would be interesting to know what kind of system you try to install this on. The package names suggest some kind of Linux, and the BLAS thorn itself should be smart enough to find the installed library there without you specifying anything. If this is not the case we could look into that.
Frank