Hi Erik, Roland, all,
I am happy to check this out. I am also up for a brief test session to test whether it works.
cheers, Christian
On Wednesday 16 January 2013 21:38:39 Erik Schnetter wrote:
WebEx is cross-platform. It requires Java, and running it on Linux may require installing Firefox; I don't have Linux first-hand experience. A virtual machine is not required. However, when using WebEx for the first time, one probably has to spend ten minutes setting things up. Phone numbers for calling in are provided. We can hold a test session with the presenter to ensure things work fine.
-erik
On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 9:25 PM, Roland Haas <roland.haas@physics.gatech.edu
wrote:
Hello Erik, all,
How do you want to broadcast the talk? If you don't have another preference, then I would like to try WebEx in this setting, and propose
to
host it at Perimeter.
I have no particular preference. If you have experience with WebEx then we might as well use this talk to test how hard it is to hold a seminar using it. Requirements would be that the presenter client has to be able to function on a linux box. I remember having had to switch to Windows in a virtual machine to get the flash based client (I believe for webex) to work but that was some time ago so might well have changed.
Do you have experience with how well the WebEx software performs on non-Mac and non-Windows systems (say Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, BeOs, AmigaOs, Solaris, IBM/z9 :-) )? Most likely a phone line for call ins would be useful for non-regular callers that might not want to/be able to install software on their computers.
Yours, Roland
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users