Hi Ian.
Thanks; I'm trying the compilation now, but am failing with a linking error I've encountered lately: "Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64". This seems to be an issue with MacPorts gcc compilers. I don't know if my MacPorts installation is borked, but I can't compile this right now.
... so any additional ideas on the precompiled h5mma binary are appreciated.
Beany
On 12 April 2016 at 13:08, Ian Hinder ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de wrote:
On 12 Apr 2016, at 19:02, Bernard Kelly physicsbeany@gmail.com wrote:
Thanks, Ian.
Tried the test data. Same error/failure.
I just checked out the git version of h5mma; the README seems mostly about the use of the utility in general, rather than installation instructions (I'm thinking of things like the prefix chosen at configuration stage). Should I build directly in the /Library/Mathematica/Applications directory (sounds wrong), or buld locally and move the result?
There is a link in the README to the BitBucket wiki, which contains a link to the compilation instructions. This could be easier to find :)
https://bitbucket.org/simulationtools/h5mma/wiki/Compiling%20h5mma
On Mac OS, you shouldn't need to change any prefixes etc, if you are using homebrew or macports.
-- Ian Hinder http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin