On Wed, 2011-12-14 at 19:48 -0500, Erik Schnetter wrote:
On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Hal Finkel hfinkel@anl.gov wrote: On Wed, 2011-12-14 at 18:27 -0500, Erik Schnetter wrote: > You are not setting any values on the boundary. Is that intentional?
Currently, this is because I am using neighboring values in the calculation, so I can't do that on the boundary. Should I do that some other way?Setting the boundary to zero should be good enough. (The boundary values should not be used -- but I don't recall whether this is the case.)
Maybe this is another problem with the periodic boundary conditions? The problem seems to appear in other fields too. I've attached some images from my test problem. One shows the field configuration (this one looks like a ring -- it is a slice through a bubble). The second one shows the T_00 computed from that. As you can see, the values near the extremal indicies are wrong. At the next (half) time step, looking at the field data from level 1, the same phenomonon can be seen in the level 1 boxes.
These were all done in Kranc, so I did not do any real coding myself ;)
What do you think?
Thanks again, Hal
-erik
-- Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/