On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Scott Hawley scott.hawley@belmont.edu wrote:
(Guys, I feel like an idiot for posting multiple messages per day to this list. I'm really trying to work these things out on my own before I post.....)
The TOV example works great on queenbee. :-)
After reading the Advanced Tutorial, I tried to run my own job, which I called "uni449_1". It's a Cactus run which works interactively... The command I used was
simfactory/sim create-submit uni449_1 --parfile=/home/shawley/runs/texmex/uni449.par --procs=8 --walltime=8:0:0 --num-threads=8 --ppn-used=1 --queue=workq
Several errors appeared, and it seems *Cactus itself* never even got started...but somehow the job used up 8 hours of wall clock time. ?
Does anyone have any suggestions? Errors and output log below.
Scott
There seems to be a bug in Simfactory; the value 1/8 is calculated, and should yield 0 (rounded down to the next integer), but instead is output as 0.125 (which is not integer). The underlying problem is that you request 8 cores in total, and then say that you want to use only 1 core per node, so that you will be using only a single core. For this single core you are requesting 8 threads, which does not work; 8 threads require at least 8 cores.
If you want to use 1 MPI process with 8 OpenMP threads, then leave out the --ppn-used=1 option, and things should work fine.
-erik