If the plots work for you, then I guess it must be unimportant. I will take a look. Thanks.
--Steve
On 3/29/2023 5:03 PM, Enzo Iubini wrote:
Hello again, I fixed it just commenting that specific line of code, I hope it changes nothing important. Either way I guess it's better I tell you about the problems in the tutorial. Thank you for your help!
- Enzo
Enviado desde mi iPhone
El 29-03-2023, a la(s) 16:48, Enzo Iubini egic.enzo@gmail.com escribió:
Hello Steve! I was planning to work on the HeatEquation and WaveEquation notebook tutorials, but in the last section "Plot using matplotlib's plot_surface()", there seems to be a problem with the " plt.close()" function. I have restarted the notebook several times but I can't figure out how to solve the problem. Could you see if the notebook runs well for you? The cell I'm having problems with starts with "## set graphics backend", it's the one that generates the animation.
Thanks for your help!
pd: I'm having the same issue with the other notebook. maybe I have to copy again the notebook from the tutorial server? I remember using the cp command, to retrieve the notebook from "HOME", but i can't remember the whole command. I would appreciate it if you could repeat it for me. Thank you !
-Enzo
El jue, 23 mar 2023 a las 14:34, Enzo Iubini (egic.enzo@gmail.com) escribió:
ok give me just 5 minutes, thank you! Enviado desde mi iPhone > El 23-03-2023, a la(s) 14:32, Steven R. Brandt <sbrandt@cct.lsu.edu> escribió: > > If you're around now: https://lsu.zoom.us/my/steverbrandt > > --Steve > >> On 3/23/2023 12:28 PM, Enzo Iubini wrote: >> it's 14:30 right now here in Chile. I have time until 18:00, or other day, so you just tell me when. >> I'm running everything in the tutorial server ! >> >> - enzo >> :) >> >>> El 23-03-2023, a la(s) 14:06, Steven R. Brandt <sbrandt@cct.lsu.edu> escribió: >>> >>> Those options would work. What time for zoom would work for you? >>> >>> Question: Are you running in the tutorial server, in a docker image, or just running the notebook on your laptop? >>> >>> Thanks. >>> >>> --Steve >>> >>>> On 3/23/2023 12:03 PM, Enzo Iubini wrote: >>>> Hello Steve :) >>>> It's me again asking for some help. Your feedback was very helpful the last time, but I'm having some trouble with the "Creating a new thorn tutorial" for both the Heat Equation and the Wave equation. >>>> >>>> The last time we talked, you told me the notebooks were running just fine, but I can't seem to make them work for me. Maybe I could send you a video of what the cells are and maybe you can help me spot the problem? Is there any way we could add each other on Telegram so I can show you? I hope I'm not bothering you too much, but I want to do the exercises proposed at the end of these notebooks, and if the original doesn't work, I don't think it's very wise to continue. >>>> >>>> Thank you so much for all your help. >>>> >>>> - Enzo