They look fine. Can you also tell us about your environment, in particular INCLUDE_DIR ?
Frank
Problem solved, it compiles now. It turned out I forgot to unload the module for an outdated boost version already installed on the cluster.
INCLUDE_DIR was empty. However:
[kastaun@i909 ~]$ env | grep -i boost LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/boost/1.33/lib64:/opt/openmpi/1.4.2/intel-10.1/lib:/opt/ofed/1.3.1-lustre1.6.5.1/lib64:/opt/libnuma/2.0.2/intel/lib64:/opt/gsl/1.12/intel/lib:/opt/hdf5/1.8.5p1/gnu/lib:/opt/intel/cce/10.1.018/lib:/opt/intel/fce/10.1.018/lib CPATH=/opt/boost/1.33/include _LMFILES_=/opt/Modules/3.2.6/compilers/intel/10.1:/opt/Modules/3.2.6/libraries/hdf5/1.8.5p1/gnu:/opt/Modules/3.2.6/libraries/gsl/1.12/intel:/opt/Modules/3.2.6/libraries/libnuma/2.0.2/intel:/opt/Modules/3.2.6/mpi/openmpi/1.4.2/intel/10.1:/opt/Modules/3.2.6/libraries/boost/1.33 LOADEDMODULES=intel/10.1:hdf5/1.8.5p1/gnu:gsl/1.12/intel:libnuma/2.0.2/intel:openmpi/1.4.2/intel/10.1:boost/1.33
In the directory $CPATH I found a boost version of regex.h, which had a line #include <boost/cregex.hpp>
This picked up the boost version I added via the cactus include path, which explains the mixed dependencies below.
Cactus keeps track of include dependencies for make. You can look into the corresponding *.d file (in configs/.../build/Cactus) to see which regex.h was picked up.
-erik
[kastaun@i909 Cactus]$ grep regex main/Parameters.c.d /opt/boost/1.33/include/regex.h \ /u/ap/kastaun/sim_build/boost_1_46_1/boost/cregex.hpp \ /u/ap/kastaun/sim_build/boost_1_46_1/boost/regex/config.hpp \ /u/ap/kastaun/sim_build/boost_1_46_1/boost/regex/v4/cregex.hpp \ /u/ap/kastaun/sim_build/boost_1_46_1/boost/regex/v4/match_flags.hpp \ /u/ap/kastaun/sim_build/boost_1_46_1/boost/regex/v4/error_type.hpp \
Anyway, after unloading the boost module, deleting the whole configuration, and starting from scratch, it compiled fine. My thorns used the boost version I specified via CPPFLAGS, without affecting the rest of Cactus.
Wolfgang.