Further to my last email on this issue,
Can anyone tell me what version of gcc we should be using for the install? I notice that the Mac Homebrew installation refers to gcc46 - but there seems to be a problem running that on a Mac (it seemed to install OK under home-brew but I get segmentation fault 11- doing gcc-46 —version) :googling this, clang (Apple's LLVM-based C compiler) is intended to be a compatible replacement for gcc? I also tried gcc49 but that gives a problem with linking. If I use the clang compiler, I get a problem with the unknown type name ‘CCTK_COMPLEX16’ etc.
Regards,
Guy
On 12 Dec. 2016, at 5:01 pm, Guy Pitman Guy.pitman@bigpond.com wrote:
Hi,
I am a new user trying to install the simplified demo on a Mac running OSX10.12 (Sierra)
I followed the instructions on https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Simplified_Tutorial_for_New_Users https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Simplified_Tutorial_for_New_Users and followed the instructions,
but when I run the command
./simfactory/bin/sim build --mdbkey make 'make -j4' --thornlist=manifest/einsteintoolkit.th http://einsteintoolkit.th/
I at first get CST error 1: -> Configuration script for thorn PTHREADS returned exit code 1 Error message: 'Did not find PTHREADS’
I am not sure where to set the PTHREADS_DIR or what to set it to- I also tried editing einsteintoolkit.th http://einsteintoolkit.th/ and disabling pthreads and Watchdog but then I get a error
unknown type name 'CCTK_REAL8'
Can anyone help?
Many thanks
Guy