Hi Roland,
Yeah, I got this version of CarpetHDF5 from your Bitbucket public repo. I've made it past the error now by creating a symbolic link under the VisIt installation directory which points to the system's libdl.so. The installation has worked out successfully.
Now I will move on to trying that solution about the HDF5 data from various restarts.
Thanks a lot for your kind assistance.
Regards, Dumsani
On 04/10/2016 23:13, Roland Haas wrote:
Hello Dumsani,
To begin with, I am trying the option where I must compile the updated CarpetHDF5 reader plugin into my VisIt installation. I traced that version down to this site https://bitbucket.org/rhaas80/carpethdf5/overview (thanks to the communication thread). At the moment, I need to resolve a few issues in the build (it fails due to a missing library):
You are free to use that one. It is not quite the official ET version of the reader though, rather my own extended version. The official one is in here:
https://svn.cactuscode.org/VizTools/CarpetHDF5/trunk/
(found onhttp://cactuscode.org/documentation/visualization/VisIt/ which one gets to after following about 4 links from the ET site, this is a bit roundabout).
The instructions are the same though.
I have to admit I have never seen that error message. libdl.so lives in /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ on my linux system. It should only appear as "-ldl" in CMakeFiles/?CarpetHDF5Database.dir/link.txt .
Yours, Roland