I don't know any thorns explicitly include mpi.h. What If we replace mpi.h with cctk_mpi.h in the cactus header file and make nompi (or whatever suitable name for this choice) as one of the compilation options ? Surely, code to implement nompi needs to be in the flesh.
Regards, Jian
On Dec 3, 2010, at 11:21 AM, Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Ian Hinder ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de wrote:
Wouldn't it make more sense for NoMPI to provide the usual mpi.h header so that authors of thorns which call MPI don't need to know anything about the particular implementation they are using?
Yes, this is my long-term goal. At the moment, only a subset of MPI is supported, and to avoid confusion I've made it explicit whether a thorn requires full MPI or this substitute. (Also, to prevent confusion between which mpi.h file is included, I would probably call it cctk_mpi.h.)
-erik
-- Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/ _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@cactuscode.org http://cactuscode.org/mailman/listinfo/users