I figured out the issue, never mind. It was a stale `-std=c99` flag in my cfg file.
Best, Leo
On Tue, Jun 9, 2026 at 11:54 AM Leonardo Werneck wernecklr@gmail.com wrote:
Hi all,
I've been trying to improve GRHayL's CI, and while trying to build the Einstein Toolkit's master thornlist in a container image, I got the following error:
#11 1164.3 ../../../tools/silock/silock.c: In function ‘updateProgress’: 29704 #11 1164.3 ../../../tools/silock/silock.c:183:20: error: storage size of ‘timeZone’ isn’t known 29705 #11 1164.3 183 | struct timezone timeZone; 29706 #11 1164.3 | ^~~~~~~~ 29707 #11 1164.3 make[7]: *** [Makefile:540: silock.o] Error 1 29708 #11 1164.3 make[6]: *** [Makefile:486: all-recursive] Error 1 29709 #11 1164.3 make[5]: *** [Makefile:545: all-recursive] Error 1 29710 #11 1164.3 make[4]: *** [Makefile:477: all] Error 2 29711 #11 1164.3 make[3]: *** No rule to make target '/opt/et-build/et-gcc/configs/sim/scratch/done/Silo', needed by 'silo.cxx.o'. Stop. 29712 #11 1164.3 make[2]: *** [/opt/et-build/et-gcc/lib/make/make.thornlib:113: make.checked] Error 2 29713 #11 1164.3 make[1]: *** [/opt/et-build/et-gcc/lib/make/make.configuration:179: /opt/et-build/et-gcc/configs/sim/lib/libthorn_Silo.a] Error 2 29714 #11 1164.3 make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....It appears that `struct timezone` is legacy C. Has anyone encountered this before and/or know how to deal with it? I've been using the latest gcc on Ubuntu 24.04, for completeness.
Thanks! Leo