Hello Maria,
that parameter file uses very low resolution. This is partially what is repsonsible for all that (beautiful but incorrect) ejected material.
It is possible that after a while the leftover star in the center just goes crazy. I would suggest opening the 2d hydrobase-rho.xy.h5 files generated in VisIt to check if anything crazy is going on.
If you want to run it for that long I would increase the resolution (decrease grid spacing) in the parfile from:
CoordBase::dx = 18.00 CoordBase::dy = 18.00 CoordBase::dz = 18.00
to
CoordBase::dx = 9.00 CoordBase::dy = 9.00 CoordBase::dz = 9.00
which gives you a resolution of ~0.140625Msun = 200m over the star.
This is still on the low end of "good" resolutions eg see in https://arxiv.org/abs/1212.1191 where Christian and I used ∆x = 0.1875 Msun = 0.278 km, ∆x = 0.15 Msun = 0.222 km and ∆x = 0.12 Msun = 0.176 km for the low, medium, high resolutions respectively.
Yours, Roland
Hi,
I've been running nsnstohmns.par for longer than the set time in the parameter file, and it fails at time=3913 with the error:
WARNING level 0 from host trcis001.hpc.wvu.edu process 23 in thorn CarpetLib, file /gpfs20/users/mbh0012/Cactus/configs/etk/build/CarpetLib/dh.cc:2103: -> The grid structure is inconsistent. It is impossible to continue.
Do I need higher resolution, or /and AHFinder?
I tried the same parameter again, with higher resolution and disabling the RotationSymmetry180 and I have those warnings:
WARNING level 1 from host compute-7.marshall.local process 21 while executing schedule bin Hydro_Analysis_LocationSearch, routine Hydro_Analysis::Hydro_Analysis_LocationSearch_Combine in thorn Hydro_Analysis, file /home/babiuc/ET_2020_11/Cactus/configs/bns/build/Hydro_Analysis/Hydro_Analysis.c:228: -> Could not find grid point with maximum density 0.000734882 on grid. Using old location (11.25,4.75,0). Could not find grid point with maximum density 0.000734882 on grid. Using old location (11.25,4.75,0).WARNING level 1 from host compute-7.marshall.local process 23 while executing schedule bin Hydro_Analysis_LocationSearch, routine Hydro_Analysis::Hydro_Analysis_LocationSearch_Combine in thorn Hydro_Analysis, file /home/babiuc/ET_2020_11/Cactus/configs/bns/build/Hydro_Analysis/Hydro_Analysis.c:228: -> Could not find grid point with maximum density 0.000734882 on grid. Using old location (11.25,4.75,0). Could not find grid point with maximum density 0.000734882 on grid. Using old location (11.25,4.75,0). INFO (NSTracker): New star location not set (11.25,4.75,0) because too far from old (0,12.625,0).
This is an easy fix, I expect, and I'd really appreciate a hint.
Maria _______________________ Maria C. Babiuc Hamilton, Ph.D. Professor, Department of Physics College of Science, Marshall University, 1 John Marshall Drive, Huntington, WV, 25755 Room S 257, Phone: (304)696-2754