Just to add my own data point:
I am using my own build script in Ubuntu with OpenMPI, and I have performed many MPI-based runs (on my desktop and on clusters) with no hitch. While I'm not pushing for a switch to OpenMPI, an ubuntu-openmpi.cfg script would be convenient...
-Zach
* * * Zachariah Etienne Assistant Professor of Mathematics West Virginia University
On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 10:09 AM, Einstein Toolkit < trac-noreply@einsteintoolkit.org> wrote:
#1764: Error with compilation of HWLOC
------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: maxim.barkov@… | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: assigned Priority: blocker | Milestone: ET_2015_05 Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: HWLOC
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by eschnett):
Is there a reason to switch to OpenMPI? If MPICH works fine, then let's stick with it for the release. Everything is open again one or two weeks from now.
Regarding Boost: I don't think we need to add such a comment. If people want Boost, then they'll figure out that they either have to install it or to build it themselves (maybe via Cactus). Also, Boost 1.50 is quite outdated; Boost 1.58 is current, and with two releases per year this makes it four years old. I expect many packages to simply not work with Boost 1.50.
We are very shortly before a release. Now is not the time to clean up things. Now is the time to test things, and to fix important things that can't be worked around.
-- Ticket URL: https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1764#comment:18 Einstein Toolkit http://einsteintoolkit.org The Einstein Toolkit _______________________________________________ Trac mailing list Trac@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/trac