Hello Ashok,
I have a big CarpetHDF5 3D data file which I want to visualize with ViSit. I am only interested in a small subset of complete data. Is there any HDF5 utility within einsteintoolkit which I can use to extract data in a smaller sub domain ?
If you want to end up with a single hdf5 output file (so no more file_0 file_1 etc) then you can you the hdf5_slicer tool and its 3d output option. From memory something like this:
hdf5_slicer --out3d-cube --match 'THORN::var.*it=12345' var.file_*.h5 var.h5
which will get all datasets for iteration 12345. If you need to keep multiple files you can use the more primitive hdf5_extract which takes a file with dataset names to copy. You also have to include the a listfile. Usually something like this:
h5ls var.file_0.h5 | sed 's/\ / /g' | gawk '/it=12345/||/Attributes/{sub(" Dataset","");sub(" Group","")}'
file_0.txt
hdf5_extract file_0.txt var.file_0.h5 var.it12345.file_0.h5
which extracts the same datasets as above plus the "Parameters and Global Attributes" group which is required.
Yours, Roland