On Jun 25, 2010, at 8:48 , David Radice wrote:
On Fri, 2010-06-25 at 08:24 -0400, Erik Schnetter wrote:
Is it sufficient to set LORENE_DIR, or do you also need to set FFTW_DIR? Do you build FFTW as part of Lorene, independently of Cactus, or together with Cactus? Are you using the FFTWlib thorn? Where is your FFTW installed?
I build Lorene with the system FFTW and then I add FFTW to LORENE_LIBS.
I tried using the FFTWlib thorn, but somehow fftw3 was not added to the library list in the linking stage (I guess that probably one would have to make LORENE depend on FFTWlib for that... but that would have broken the current non-FFTW configs...).
Maybe it would be easier if you sent an example option list, so that I see how you would use this.
Please find the attached "local_settings" for Lorene and option list for Cactus that I use on Damiana. The option list is just a modified version of the one that comes with simfactory.
Would the attached patch work for you? It introduces new configuration options LORENE_EXTRA_LIB_DIRS LORENE_EXTRA_LIBS that don't require people to repeat the names of the Lorene libraries.
-erik