Hi,
On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 01:51:59PM -0500, Erik Schnetter wrote:
If these checks are useful for debugging, can we keep them conditionally? Ideally there would be a parameter that enables them; if this is still too slow, then an #ifdef GRHYDRO_DEBUG would be an option.
On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 11:56:22AM -0700, Christian D. Ott wrote:
performance aside, these statements also clutter the code. They are trivial to put in if needed and I see no advantage in keeping them.
I agree with Erik that if they affect performance that much we should protect them with #defines, but leave them in the code - even if this clutters it. They are much easier to put back in by setting a #define than by putting them all in back by hand. They can help quite a bit when you know that there are NaNs produces somewhere in GRHydro and you want to know quickly where and why.
I don't object to make the default omitting them from the built.
Frank