Hi Steve.
It looks like the "avoid_origin" options are commented out in your parameter file, so they wouldn't be active. However, since they're part of the ReflectionSymmetry thorn, they'd only work if you were using reflection symmetry in one of more of the spatial dimensions.
To get what you want to happen, I'd manually shift the CoordBase parameters a bit:
xmin -> xmin + delta ymin -> ymin + delta zmin -> zmin + delta xmax -> xmax + delta ymax -> ymax + delta zmax -> zmax + delta
... where "delta" is half of your *finest* grid spacing --- 1/64, if I'm reading the parameter file correctly. Then all the grids (base level 0 and Carpet's refined levels 1-4) will be centered slightly off the origin, as you wanted.
Bernard
On Sun, 23 Jun 2019 at 04:10, Steve Hawk steve-hawk1998@outlook.com wrote:
Hello: Thanks for giving some hints about adaptive mesh refinement with the help of Roland, but I feel sorry that I came across some new problems about cell-centering when I try to simulate "the transition from wormholes to trumpets” considering Schwartzchild metric.
Since the singularity (0,0,0) exists under the metric of Schwartzchild, I want to make use of cell-centered method to avoid the singularity. Although there is an option CartGrid3D::avoid_origin = “yes” in the thorn CartGrid3D, it seems that it doesn’t works properly: the data related to the grid points (0,0,0) is still been calculated (very large!). The related par file is attached in the attachment.
So I am wondering is there a method to solve the problem or any parameters of thorns governing the cell-centering methods?
Thanks! Best Regards!
Xiaoxiao _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users