I agree with Shantenu, you shouldn't have to debug these issues. Just send them to the list where there are a lot of people who can provide answers.
In this particular case, I think the error message is badly formatted. The command wants to be issued from inside the Cactus directory. It looks like there used to be a more useful error message in simlib.py in the GetDirSuffix routine, but it was commented out. I'm not sure why. Should we put it back?
Cheers, Steve
On 03/28/2012 10:49 PM, Sharath Maddineni wrote:
Hello Dr. Steve,
the cactus simulation build is so flaky/inconsistant
please see the following commands. This does not make senese at all to me. I have spending lot of time debugging these kind of issues. Other than these minor issues running/steps from there DARE part is done. been encountering these issues all along.
cactus build exists and when I create some times it does creates and some times it does not. Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong /[smaddi2@qb1 einsteintoolkit_build]$ /work/smaddi2/agent/einsteintoolkit_build/Cactus/simfactory/bin/sim --parfile=/work/smaddi2/agent/einsteintoolkit_build/Cactus/par/static_tov.par create --configuration sim static1/ /Parameter file: /work/smaddi2/agent/einsteintoolkit_build/Cactus/par/static_tov.par/ /Skeleton Created/ /Job directory: "/work/smaddi2/simulations/static1"/ /Error: Given sourcebasedir '/work/smaddi2/agent/einsteintoolkit_build' does not contain a Cactus directory/ /Aborting Simfactory./ /[smaddi2@qb1 einsteintoolkit_build]$ ls/ /Cactuscactus_installer.py einsteintoolkit.th http://einsteintoolkit.th GetComponentsGetComponents.1 GetComponents.2 GetComponents.3/ /[smaddi2@qb1 einsteintoolkit_build]$ pwd/ //work/smaddi2/agent/einsteintoolkit_build/ /[smaddi2@qb1 einsteintoolkit_build]$ ls Cactus/exe// /cactus_sim sim/
please let me know if I am doing anything wrong.
Sharath